Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Mike Rothman on the ArcSight IPO

I'm probably the last person to blog about this. I was at the conference when Robert Shaw announced that ArcSight had filed with the SEC, but I missed the actual announcement thanks to a trip into Adams Morgan the night before. The rest of the day there were conversations about who could or would buy ArcSight once they go public, what the initial share price would be, how the stock would perform, etc. The buy-up probably won't happen, but interesting stuff to hypothesize about.

In all honesty, I was going to skip posting about it until I found Mike Rothman going all sour grapes on ArcSight's IPO filing. And that made me smile, so I thought I'd share. I would like to crown Mike Rothman "The Official SIM Playa Hater." It's like some SIM vendor backed over his puppy with their car when he was a kid. :-)

No comments: